Committing to daily flossing and preventive care is essential to keeping your smile functioning well, feeling great, and looking beautiful. However, even if you know the right way to floss every day, you might not know whether the dental floss you’re choosing is the best choice for your particular smile needs. Rather than worrying about the choices you’re making, we encourage you to test your knowledge. This will help you feel more confident about the selections you have already made or will assist you in making even better choices in the future.
Choosing Dental Floss: True or False?
- True or False: You should not choose a dental floss that claims to offer a soft, gentle texture. Words like satin, for instance, mean that the floss will not offer effective use for preventive care.
- True or False: It’s important that you choose unwaxed floss – if you choose the waxed variety then the wax may build up between your teeth, resulting in serious oral health problems.
- True or False: Making flossing more enjoyable by choosing a flavor you like is a wonderful decision.
Quiz Answer Key
- False. A softer texture is often just what a patient needs if his or her gums are particularly sensitive or if that patient does not enjoy the sensation of flossing.
- False. Waxed is just as effective as unwaxed. This is all about your personal likes and dislikes. Wax may allow the floss to slide more easily between teeth – try both options and make your decision based on which one you enjoy using the most.
- True. Flossing every day is often a chore that patients ignore – this can result in tooth decay and gum disease. Consider the wide variety of delicious flavors and choose one you like, so you can look forward to daily preventive care.
ABOUT YOUR LOS ANGELES, CA, DENTISTS:
At A Briter Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to high-quality, modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, then call our Los Angeles, CA office today at (323) 255-8774. We proudly serve residents of Los Angeles, CA, as well as San Fernando, Pacoima, Granada Hills, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, and all surrounding communities.