Are you spending time these days wondering whether a dental bridge offers you the best solution for replacing your teeth? If you make a wonderful candidate for a bridge, you will be happy to learn that we will color match its artificial teeth to blend seamlessly with your surrounding smile, so your complete grin will look lovely and natural. As for those specific details that may be causing you to feel unsure whether you qualify for this prosthetic or if a different tooth replacement solution is better for your needs, we encourage you to test your knowledge.
Dental Bridges: True or False?
- True or False: Your bridge may last only a few months or up to a year.
- True or False: Your dental bridge is considered a removable prosthetic similar to a partial denture.
- True or False: A bridge is not well suited to a full arch of missing teeth or to missing teeth spread apart from one another – they only replace one tooth, two teeth side-by-side, or three teeth in a row.
Dental Bridge Quiz Answer Key
- False. Your dental bridge may last many years, allowing you to feel as though you are functioning every day with a completely natural smile. Fortunately, especially when you practice excellent preventive care and daily hygiene, your bridge may last as long as 15 years.
- False. A bridge is known as a “fixed” prosthetic. It is not removable like a partial. Instead, we bond it to your natural teeth with special cement, so it stays in place day in and day out.
- True. A bridge can replace one tooth or up to three teeth that once sat next to one another. It cannot offer a solution for a complete arch of missing teeth or for teeth in any other tooth loss pattern.
ABOUT YOUR SAN FERNANDO VALLEY, CA, DENTIST:
At A New Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to high-quality, modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, then call our San Fernando Valley, CA office today at (818) 897-5771. We proudly serve residents of Pacoima, CA, as well as San Fernando, Los Angeles, Granada Hills, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, and all surrounding communities.