Have you ever wondered if you should call us to schedule a dental care visit or if you’re overthinking things? For instance, maybe you have been taking a new medication that is causing dry mouth but you figure the symptom is just something you have to deal with. Or, perhaps you notice a minor irritation in your mouth that doesn’t go away but you don’t want to overreact. In most instances, taking the proactive measure to schedule a visit with us is key. For any issues that arise, the sooner we see you, the easier it is to provide effective treatment.
True or False: Scheduling A Dental Care Visit
- True or False: You see us for a preventive care visit, which includes a dental cleaning and checkup. However, within the next month, your tooth begins to hurt and it doesn’t go away. Since we suggest preventive visits once every six months, you should just wait until your next scheduled appointment.
- True or False: If your gums look inflamed or feel irritated, you should try brushing more for a week or so to see if the problem goes away. Then, only schedule a dental care visit if the problem persists.
- True or False: When major changes happen with your health (or if you become pregnant), we suggest scheduling a visit to see us.
- False. Dental care is something that becomes unique to each patient and sometimes things don’t go exactly as planned. Even if your teeth were perfectly healthy during your checkup, problems like bruxism or biting into something too hard can irritate your tooth. Contact us right away.
- False. If you recognize changes with your gum tissue, from altered color to inflammation or bleeding, contact us right away. This is often a sign that gum disease is well underway, which will require professional treatment.
- True. Changes in health (or pregnancy) can actually make you more vulnerable to dental issues, so checking in immediately is always the best choice.
ABOUT YOUR SAN FERNANDO VALLEY, CA, DENTIST:
At A New Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to high-quality, modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, then call our San Fernando Valley, CA office today at (818) 897-5771. We proudly serve residents of Pacoima, CA, as well as San Fernando, Los Angeles, Granada Hills, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, and all surrounding communities.