Do you feel like you’ve got a solid handle on when you should access emergency dental care with our practice? Are you quite sure about what you might do when a sudden need for a dental visit arises? Or, do you like to hope your smile will remain in good shape and that – should an emergency occur – you will deal with it when it happens? Whatever your philosophy, we always encourage patients to feel educated and prepared just in case! Learn more (or give yourself an A+ for having already become familiar with the details) by taking a short quiz.
True or False: Emergency Dentistry
- True or False: We offer emergency dental care for problems like extreme discomfort or infection. However, if you are in need of cosmetic care or other improvements, we will not be able to offer immediate care.
- True or False: The best way to prepare for your emergency is to create a plan before anything happens.
- True or False: If you are losing blood and/or worry that your emergency may cost you your life, you will need to call 911 or make your way to your local emergency room.
- False. We offer emergency dental care for a long list of concerns – as long as it is a dental problem (not a medical emergency), we are ready to help. Potential issues may include the need for an extraction, oral surgery, treatment for swelling and discomfort, cosmetic care, or root canal therapy.
- True. We always suggest that you plan out a couple emergency contacts who will be available to help (such as to drive you to our practice). It is also important that you are prepared with our phone number and address.
- True. For true medical emergencies, we will not be able to help with dental care (even if your oral cavity has been affected).
ABOUT YOUR SANTA CLARITA VALLEY, CA, DENTIST:
At A New Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to high-quality, modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, then call our Santa Clarita Valley, CA office today at (661) 251-0480. We proudly serve residents of Canyon Country and Santa Clarita Valley, CA, as well as San Fernando, Los Angeles, Granada Hills, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, and all surrounding communities.