We all get one set of permanent teeth between the ages of 6 and 12, and the importance of preserving them cannot be overstated. They are a vital part of many things we take for granted in life. Our teeth play an important role in eating, speaking, our facial contours, the bone structure of our jaws, and the radiance of our smiles.
Our natural teeth are irreplaceable, but bacteria, acidic foods, temperature extremes, trauma, and normal wear and tear can take their toll over time. With advanced dental technology performed with modern techniques, and several easy payment or financing options, our team of dental professionals at A New Smile Dental Group can provide general dentistry services to help you and your family maintain your teeth and the brilliance of your smiles for a lifetime.
How to Achieve Optimal Oral Health
Whether you need a professional cleaning and checkup to maintain excellent hygiene, or you need proactive treatment to address an existing concern, regular trips to your dentist are vital to the continued health or your mouth, teeth, and jaw, and the brilliance of your smile. Through a variety of general dentistry treatments, we can help you avoid oral health issues or control any dental problems so your mouth and teeth stay healthy and strong.
General Dentistry: Common Dental Health Problems
General dentistry is typically aimed at preventing or tackling common dental health issues, such as tooth damage, cavities, gingivitis, tooth loss, and other common problems. Regardless of your needs, we provide the quality dental services you need to maintain a beautiful, healthy smile. Our general dentistry treatments include:
- Advanced Technology: As a preventive measure, your dentist will take images of your oral cavity to detect potential treatable concerns. Imaging may include intraoral cameras that take snapshots of your mouth’s interior, or digital X-rays for a more in-depth 2D image.
- Preventive Care: We encourage you and your family members to visit us routinely for preventive dental care. We will provide thorough checkups with the use of intraoral cameras and digital X-rays for comfortable, efficient imaging. Our team also offers gentle dental cleanings, so you will leave our office with a spotless, plaque-free smile.
- Fillings and Crowns: Your dentist will treat a cavity with a beautiful composite filling, removing existing tooth decay, and color-matching the material to your tooth for a beautiful finish. Or, if you undergo root canal treatment, or your tooth becomes severely damaged, we also offer porcelain and zirconia crowns.
- Inlays and Onlays: When tooth damage is too extensive for a filling but not severe enough to require a crown, a durable, porcelain or composite resin inlay or onlay, matched in color to your surrounding teeth, may be the best tooth restoration option. This treatment may also be appropriate when old fillings need to be removed and replaced. Inlays and onlays preserve more of the existing tooth structure than a crown, strengthen and prolong the life of the tooth, and help prevent the necessity of future treatment.
- Extractions: It is always best to preserve the natural teeth, for function, and to maintain the structure of the mouth and jawbone. Most people will need the wisdom teeth extracted as there is insufficient room for these late-appearing molars in the jaw. Our first priority at A New Smile Dental Group is preservation and restoration of your natural teeth – but in some cases, decay, disease, or trauma makes extraction unavoidable. With “comfort dentistry” options, our dentists can ensure that you are comfortable before, during, and after the extraction process.
- Dental Prosthetics: Are you missing one or more teeth in a specific area of your jaw? We offer traditional and implant-fixed bridges for an efficient, cost-effective solution to restore your smile. Or, if your tooth loss is more severe, you might benefit more from a custom-designed partial or complete denture.
- Periodontal Hygiene: If you experience periodontal problems, we will remove bacteria and hardened plaque from beneath your gum line with laser debridement. Our dentists also offer gum therapy to restore damaged tissues and return your smile to good health.
- Sedation Options: We refer to this part of our practice as “comfort dentistry” because it allows you to enjoy a relaxed, pain-free experience. Our dentists use silent instruments, provide topical injection-free anesthesia, offer nitrous oxide (laughing gas), and may even suggest conscious sedation for more pronounced relaxation effects.
- Sleep Apnea Treatment: Do you snore loudly most nights? Do you feel certain that you sleep through the night but you feel exhausted during the day? Speak with our team about how sleep apnea treatment could improve your quality of sleep, for improved health.
Who Benefits from General Dentistry?
Every patient is a candidate for general dentistry. Whether your teeth are in excellent health and you simply require preventive care, or you need assistance with oral diseases such as tooth decay, gum disease, broken teeth, or missing teeth, we offer the comprehensive services you need. Through regular preventive care, we can also help you avoid the need for more extensive treatment. If you have neglected your teeth over the years and need help, we can assist you to get your oral and dental health back on track. If you are nervous about dental treatments, you will appreciate our gentle techniques, and our focus on patient comfort.
It’s never too soon to begin good oral hygiene and excellent dental care. We offer compassionate, gentle dental services for children, from toddlers to tweens and teens. Our dental team will gently introduce your child to our staff, instruments, and our practice to help the child become familiar and comfortable with our staff, and our procedures. We create a safe and comfortable environment so our little patients feel safe and happy. Schedule a pediatric dental appointment after the first tooth appears, so your child can become accustomed to high-quality dental care for life.
Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, and Santa Clarita Dentists
At A New Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to high-quality, modern dentistry at an affordable price. We operate in three locations to provide exceptional dental care to more people! If you would like to schedule a dental appointment or consultation, call our office closest to you. You can reach us in Los Angeles, CA, at (323) 255-8774; in San Fernando Valley, CA, at (818) 897-5771; and in Santa Clarita Valley, CA, at (661) 251-0480. We proudly serve residents of Los Angeles, Canyon Country, and Santa Clarita Valley, CA, as well as Glendale, Highland Park, Eagle Rock, Pasadena, Sylmar, Pacoima, Northridge, and all surrounding communities.