Perhaps you have been dealing with periodontal problems for a while and have recovered but your jaw has been damaged. Maybe you are missing multiple teeth and, while you are interested in implants, you have not moved forward with treatment due to loss of jaw volume. The good news is that we can improve the health of your jaw with oral surgery. Not sure what to make of this? Test your knowledge and then schedule an appointment with us, so we may begin guiding you toward improved jaw health. We will be happy to offer further explanation during your visit.
True or False Quiz: Jaw Health
- True or False: The only way to end up with jaw deterioration is if you suffer a strong impact to your mouth area.
- True or False: If you end up with jawbone damage as a result of periodontal disease, we can often improve the strength and volume of your jaw.
- True or False: Avoiding oral surgery to improve your jaw health may result in serious consequences.
- False. Periodontal disease – which is gum disease that spreads into supportive structures like your ligaments and jawbone – results in serious side effects like jawbone damage and tooth loss.
- True. We offer oral surgery options, such as osseous surgery and bone grafting. It is possible to improve your jaw’s structure and volume, which will then improve your ability to fully restore your smile.
- True. We offer oral surgery not only to improve your oral health but also to restore the cosmetic value of your smile and your overall beauty. Missing teeth and jaw tissue may result in facial sagging – repairing the internal framework and eventually replacing teeth restores the volume to your lower face for an improved appearance. You will also be able to chew and speak comfortably again.
ABOUT YOUR SAN FERNANDO VALLEY, CA, DENTIST:
At A New Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to high-quality, modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, then call our San Fernando Valley, CA office today at (818) 897-5771. We proudly serve residents of Pacoima, CA, as well as San Fernando, Los Angeles, Granada Hills, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, and all surrounding communities.