Patients who visit us with extreme concern about the appearance of their smiles are typically worried that a single treatment – like teeth whitening or bonding – will not suffice. If you identify with a need for complex cosmetic improvement, you may also feel that the dramatic transformation you desire may require too many treatments and too much effort. Fortunately, you may find the answer to all of your aesthetic concerns with porcelain veneers, which will provide you with the appearance of a new, natural-looking smile.
Veneers Quiz (True or False)
1. Veneers cover your entire tooth like a dental crown.
2. Porcelain veneers stain easily, so you will need to eliminate certain foods from your diet.
3. You will need to choose one aspect of your teeth to improve with this treatment.
4. Veneers offer long-lasting benefits.
5. We suggest veneers for patients suffering from tooth loss.
1. False. Unlike a dental crown, veneers only fit over the part of your tooth that shows when you smile. Your natural teeth will still gently show through, for a truly natural appearance.
2. False. Veneers are known for their ability to resist stains – you will simply need to care for them like your own teeth.
3. False. You may address several aesthetic problems with this single treatment – for example, you can cover up small chips and minor cracks, attain a whiter smile, alter the size and shape of your teeth, fill gaps between teeth, and improve the appearance of your alignment in the case of mildly misaligned teeth.
4. True. Veneers are also known for being quite durable, strong, and to resisting corrosion. Similar to your natural teeth, veneers may last many years.
5. False. We play porcelain veneers on natural, healthy teeth – if you are missing a tooth or are hoping to improve the appearance of a prosthetic, we will discuss other dental solutions that will guide you toward the smile you desire.
About Your Canyon Country Dentists:
At A New Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to the latest in modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, us at our San Fernando Valley office at (818) 897-5771. We proudly serve communities in Canyon Country, Pacoima, San Fernando, Porter Ranch, Granada Hills, Sylmar, and Mission Hills.