Do your gums feel tender or look puffy? Have we mentioned that you will need to schedule a visit with our periodontist? Protecting and caring for your teeth is much easier and enjoyable when you feel educated, particularly when it’s time to see a specialist. We encourage you to take the following quiz to find out why you need periodontics and how it may help.
- True or False: A periodontist specializes in gum tissue health only.
- True or False: You likely need to see a periodontist because you are suffering from gum disease.
- True or False: Ignoring our diagnosis and suggestion that you receive care from our periodontist can have a significantly negative impact on your overall health.
- True or False: A periodontal specialist can improve the health and appearance of your gums if you suffer from gum damage, such as receding gums.
- True or False: If you suffer from bone deterioration, the damage is untreatable.
- False. A periodontist does specialize in gum health. However, this type of specialist also treats other tissues that support your teeth, such as ligaments, connective tissues, and bone tissue.
- True. While dentists can treat your teeth and healthy gums – and even gum tissue that has just begun to display inflammation – a periodontist will provide you effective, expert care to improve your gum disease.
- True. Gum disease is progressive. By neglecting it, the problem will worsen and may lead to devastating side effects like tooth loss and bone deterioration.
- True. We offer treatments like regenerative care to guide you toward improved, healthier oral tissues.
- False. We may treat your problem with bone surgery to improve the structure and health of your bone tissue – this is often required to improve jawbone damage.
ABOUT YOUR CANYON COUNTRY DENTISTS:
At A New Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to the latest in modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, contact us at our San Fernando Valley office at (818) 897-5771. We proudly serve communities in Canyon Country, Pacoima, San Fernando, Porter Ranch, Granada Hills, Sylmar, and Mission Hills.