Have you been thinking about scheduling a dental checkup but you sometimes wonder if it’s really necessary? Perhaps you don’t have doubts about the necessity of a checkup but you’re not really certain about the reasoning behind your preventive care visit. You may find that you actually know more than you think you do when it comes to maintaining your dental health. For a few new facts – or to discover you’re already familiar with the basics – we invite you to quiz your current knowledge.
Dental Checkup Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: We suggest that you visit us for a dental checkup once every year or two, depending on how well you care for your smile at home.
- True or False: We recommend that you see us for a complete preventive care visit twice annually, which includes a dental checkup and a dental cleaning.
- True or False: A checkup is so important for your oral health because we can detect and offer treatment (with a greater success rate) for a variety of issues before damage becomes significant.
- False. We suggest you see us once every six months for a dental checkup, regardless of how well you care for your smile.
- True. Effective preventive care focuses on two things: Keeping your teeth free of plaque and tartar (which we address during a cleaning) and monitoring your oral health, so we may treat problems right away if they should occur (which we address during checkups).
- True. The sooner we catch most oral health problems, the easier it is to successfully restore your oral health. This may include anything from a cavity to oral cancer.
ABOUT YOUR SAN FERNANDO VALLEY, CA, DENTIST:
At A New Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to high-quality, modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, then call our San Fernando Valley, CA office today at (818) 897-5771. We proudly serve residents of Pacoima, CA, as well as San Fernando, Los Angeles, Granada Hills, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, and all surrounding communities.