When a patient asks us, “Do I have to floss?” the answer is always, “Yes!” While you may find this disappointing, we encourage you to remember that we always do our best provide those in need of alternatives with helpful accommodations. Think you already know every last detail about flossing and your ability to protect your oral health? Assume you are stuck using a strand of dental floss every single day for the rest of your life? Learn (some surprising) new information with a friendly quiz!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you don’t floss, your smile may not look as vibrant. However, nothing significant is going to happen to your oral health.
- True or False: If the reason you avoid flossing your smile has to do with a lack of comfort, you are simply going to need to get used to the way the dental floss feels because your smile will suffer without it.
- True or False: A positive feature of the water flosser is the fact that it provides ease of use for those who find flossing physically challenging.
- False. By skipping your daily flossing session, your chance of developing oral health problems like cavities and gum disease increases dramatically.
- False. You are not stuck using dental floss. If you dislike this option for protecting your oral health, we suggest you consider a water flosser instead, which can provide sensitive gums with the gentle care they need.
- True. A water flosser provides a strong stream of water from a handheld wand – guiding the water is less strenuous for tired hands and easier to manipulate for those with prosthetic tooth replacements.
ABOUT YOUR SANTA CLARITA VALLEY, CA, DENTIST:
At A New Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to high-quality, modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, then call our Santa Clarita Valley, CA office today at (661) 251-0480. We proudly serve residents of Canyon Country and Santa Clarita Valley, CA, as well as San Fernando, Los Angeles, Granada Hills, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, and all surrounding communities.