Have you ever had a toothache? At some point in our lives, nearly all of us will experience mild to severe toothaches. What causes a toothache? What steps can we take to help prevent them? At A New Smile Dental Group, we discuss the common causes of toothaches and what you can do to potentially avoid dental discomfort.
1. True or False: A variety of factors can cause a toothache.
2. True or False: A toothache can be a warning sign.
3. True or False: Often a dental filling can address a toothache.
4. True or False: Taking good care of your teeth can reduce the risk of toothaches.
1. True. Injury, teeth grinding, and even sinus infections can cause dental discomfort. However, tooth decay is the most common factor behind an aching tooth.
2. True. When a tooth develops a cavity, you may experience tooth sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures or a persistent toothache. Ignoring these warning signs increases the risk of the decay turning into an infection, threatening the health and stability of your smile. If you suffer from a chronic toothache, then schedule an appointment with our office right away.
3. True. In most cases, a cavity will be treated with a dental filling. Instead of metal fillings, we offer composite fillings. Metal-free and designed to mimic the appearance of natural tooth enamel, our composite fillings look completely lifelike.
4. True. With good oral habits, you can reduce the chances of developing a toothache or cavity. Each day you should brush your teeth twice and floss once. Twice a year you should undergo a thorough dental cleaning, as well. With proper dental maintenance, you can enjoy a healthy, beautiful smile.
About Your Canyon Country Dentists
At A New Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to the latest in modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, contact us at our Canyon Country office at (661) 251-0480. We proudly serve communities in Canyon Country, Santa Clarita, Castaic, and Stevenson Ranch.