Did you know that April is a special month? As a matter of fact, it is recognized in part as National Facial Protection Month. As you may have noticed, there is an extraordinarily long list of things to think about when protecting your child. The good news is that protecting your child’s oral health from sudden serious accidents is much easier than you might think. Wondering if you’ve been doing a good job regarding this area of pediatric care or if you still need some helpful pointers? Find out with our quiz.
Pediatric Care Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: It is extremely rare for a child to experience oral health damage as the result of participating in sports. Focusing on brushing and flossing is really all you need to do to protect your child’s smile.
- True or False: We suggest you provide your child with a sports mouth guard as a way of protecting his or her oral health during activities that might result in sudden impacts.
- True or False: A helmet offers substantial protection against damage to oral and facial structures (and more). We suggest you implement this protective decision every single time your child’s activity takes his or her feet off of the ground (whether it’s skateboarding, riding a bike, roller skating, etc).
- False. While brushing and flossing are certainly important, they’re not everything. Oral health injuries from sports are extremely common, so it’s important to take steps to prevent accidental injury.
- True. Whether your child is practicing a sport alone, with friends, or on a team, any chance of an impact with athletic equipment (or even the ground!) can result in serious injury. A mouth guard offers effective protection.
- True. A helmet is always a good idea. Even if your child is just playing in the front of your house, a simple fall can lead to severe consequences.
ABOUT YOUR SANTA CLARITA VALLEY, CA, DENTIST:
At A New Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to high-quality, modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, then call our Santa Clarita Valley, CA office today at (661) 251-0480. We proudly serve residents of Canyon Country and Santa Clarita Valley, CA, as well as San Fernando, Los Angeles, Granada Hills, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, and all surrounding communities