Do you suffer from one or more missing teeth? If so, you definitely aren’t alone. According to a recent study by the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 69% of adults between 35 and 44 have at least one missing permanent tooth. By age 74, over 26% of adults are now missing all of their teeth. Fortunately, there are a number of innovative methods for replacing a lost tooth. At A Briter Smile Dental Group, we can help you achieve a whole and beautiful smile.
Tooth Replacement Quiz
1. True or False: Missing teeth hurt the health of your smile.
2. True or False: Dental bridges can replace one or more missing teeth.
3. True or False: We offer lifelike dentures.
4. True or False: Dental implants provide replacement teeth that look and feel natural.
1. True. When you lose a tooth, this starts a chain reaction that can lead to jawbone shrinkage, misalignment, and further tooth loss. To avoid an aged appearance and keep your smile whole, you should take immediate steps to address the loss of even a single tooth.
2. True. A dental bridge consists of a replacement tooth with dental crowns on each side. The crowns are placed on the natural teeth on either side of the gap in your smile. The crowns anchor the prosthetic into place, allowing you to once again smile and speak with confidence and ease.
3. True. For patients missing most, if not all, of their teeth, we may prescribe dentures. This prosthetic consists of a set of replacement teeth with a natural looking gum-like base. Designed based on impressions taken of your smile, dentures offer a comfortable fit and esthetically pleasing appearance.
4. True. Implants are inserted directly into the jawbone, bonding with bone tissue. A restoration will then be added to the implant posts once the area heals and the posts have bonded with the bone. When completed, you will have a replacement tooth that looks and functions like the real thing, providing up to 25 years of lifelike tooth replacement.
About Your Los Angeles Dentists
At A Briter Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to the latest in modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, contact us at our Los Angeles office at (323) 747-1823. We proudly serve communities in Los Angeles, Eagle Rock, Highland Park, Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank, Hermon, and Washington Heights.