Do you feel nervous about seeing the dentist? Unfortunately, many people are apprehension about receiving even a checkup from their family dentist. As a result, these people experience an increased risk of developing common dental problems, including tooth decay and gum disease. To address anxiety and help our patients feel relaxed and comfortable, A New Smile Dental Group offers safe and comfortable sedation dentistry.
Sedation Dentistry Quiz
1. True or False: Only people with anxiety need sedation dentistry.
2. True or False: A New Smile Dental Group offers two forms of sedation.
3. True or False: We also provide other comfortable amenities.
4. True or False: You may need a ride home if you undergo sedation.
1. False. Sedation dentistry reduces anxiety by helping patients remain relaxed and calm during a visit. However, sedation also helps patients with overactive gag reflexes and those with developmental disorders that may make undergoing treatment difficult.
2. True. We offer nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, and conscious sedation for a deeper form of relaxation. Nitrous is administered with a mask placed over the nose and conscious sedation is given in pill form prior to the procedure.
3. True. Along with nitrous oxide and conscious sedation, we also offer access to music and movies to help patients stay entertained and comfortable.
4. True. With nitrous oxide, the affects will wear off almost immediately. The patient can drive his/herself home and even return to work or school. Conscious sedation will often leave the patient feeling a little groggy after the procedure. The patient will need to arrange for a friend or family member to bring him/her home. The patient won’t be able to return to work and should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery for at least 24 hours.
About Your Canyon Country Dentists
At A New Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to the latest in modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, contact us at our Canyon Country office at (661) 251-0480. We proudly serve communities in Canyon Country, Santa Clarita, Castaic, and Stevenson Ranch.