Are you excited about the prospect of replacing your missing teeth with full or partial dentures? It’s wonderful to return to a complete smile, even after dealing with tooth loss for only a brief time. However, do you find that while you are happy with the immediate benefits offered you are still somewhat curious about what the future holds for this device? Find out more with a quiz that offers enlightening details.
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: Once you receive your full or partial denture, it will last for the rest of your life. As a result, you never need to worry about a replacement.
- True or False: Part of prolonging the life of your dentures includes attention to daily care.
- True or False: Your dentures need to remain hydrated at all times. If they are left out in the open for too long, they may dry out and change shape.
Quiz Answer Key
- False. A full or partial denture will generally last around five years to seven years. You can expect to require a replacement at some point (and it is possible to need a quick fix here and there should any type of damage occur).
- True. Well-maintained dentures tend to last longer than neglected dentures. Fortunately, care is easy to accomplish. You will generally need to handle them carefully, brush them daily, and soak them overnight.
- True. The denture needs to remain moist (much like your oral tissues). We will provide you with specific instructions regarding options, such as overnight soaks. As a result, this will help keep your denture in good shape.
ABOUT YOUR SAN FERNANDO VALLEY, CA, DENTIST:
At A New Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to high-quality, modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, then call our San Fernando Valley, CA office today at (818) 897-5771. We proudly serve residents of Pacoima, CA, as well as San Fernando, Los Angeles, Granada Hills, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, and all surrounding communities.