We often find that a surefire way to hear a patient breathe a sigh of relief is to mention that we offer sedation dentistry. However, we are also quite accustomed to the response that may immediately follow: Patients often instantly worry that, though we offer sedation, they might not qualify. The good thing about learning more about sedation candidacy is that the more deeply you research the topic, the quicker you will realize that candidacy comes with few requirements. For particular questions, we suggest that you give us a call or bring up your inquiries during a visit. For now, find out a bit more by quizzing your current knowledge.
Candidacy for Sedation Dentistry Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: Sedation dentistry is a wonderful solution for patients who suffer from dental anxiety.
- True or False: If you do not suffer from dental anxiety then you will not qualify for sedation.
- True or False: Common reasons to suggest sedation dentistry options include difficulty avoiding gagging during visits, mild nervousness, and the need for extensive dental work within one or few sittings.
Quiz Answer Key
- True. Unfortunately, patients who suffer from dental anxiety often avoid dental care for years – even if they truly want to care for their teeth. Sedation dentistry allows a patient to completely relax during a visit, which makes accessing essential care a viable option.
- False. Patients often make this assumption but it is not true. While sedation is a wonderful option for anxiety, most reasons qualify. We also offer sedation for most treatments – even if you are slightly uncomfortable at the thought of a dental cleaning, speak with us about your options.
- True. Anything that stands in the way of your ability to enjoy a successful, relaxing dental visit is something we consider worthy of consideration for sedation dentistry.
ABOUT YOUR LOS ANGELES, CA, DENTISTS:
At A Briter Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to high-quality, modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, then call our Los Angeles, CA office today at (323) 255-8774. We proudly serve residents of Los Angeles, CA, as well as San Fernando, Pacoima, Granada Hills, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, and all surrounding communities.