Have you been doing your best to learn about sleep apnea because you’ve recently been diagnosed? If so, have you already begun sleep apnea treatment? We often find that even though patients recognize this problem results in significant consequences, they do not always feel the urgency necessary to immediately address their interrupted nightly sleep. Curious if you’ve become familiar with essential knowledge yet? Find out how you’re doing with mastering the associated information. The more you know and the sooner you seek professional care, the great your ability to restore nightly sleep and avoid serious side effects.
True-or-False Quiz: Sleep Apnea
- True or False: If you neglect sleep apnea treatment, you may find yourself dealing with serious health problems in the future.
- True or False: Treating sleep apnea is complicated and requires the use of carefully selected medication.
- True or False: Sleep apnea treatment may protect not only you, but also those around you.
Sleep Apnea Quiz Answer Key
- True. Unfortunately, untreated sleep apnea can lead to serious problems that affect your health, including issues with your heart, liver, and increased blood pressure.
- False. Great news! Sleep apnea treatment does not require the use of medication, which means you don’t need to worry about contraindications or side effects. You will simply wear a mouthguard while you sleep. Simple enough.
- True. It’s true that your health and comfort are the most strongly affected by sleep apnea. However, resolving the problem can also protect your significant other from disrupted nightly sleep and accompanying symptoms. It also makes you alert while you’re behind the wheel of a car, so you pose less of a threat to those with whom you share the road.
ABOUT YOUR SANTA CLARITA VALLEY, CA, DENTIST:
At A New Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to high-quality, modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, then call our Santa Clarita Valley, CA office today at (661) 251-0480. We proudly serve residents of Canyon Country and Santa Clarita Valley, CA, as well as San Fernando, Los Angeles, Granada Hills, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, and all surrounding communities.