When you visit us and we detect tooth decay, it is almost certain that we will suggest a dental filling to restore your tooth unless the cavity is severe and you require more complex treatment. While you likely take our word for it, we prefer for our patients to feel educated and informed when it comes to their dental health and the treatment we recommend. In turn, we find that patients tend to feel relieved as well as excited about treatment the more they know. To find out more about whether it’s time for a filling and why, look over the following quiz:
Dental Filling Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: A dental filling is only something we suggest once you are suffering from a severe cavity.
- True or False: Saying, “yes” to a dental filling can protect you from the need for a root canal treatment.
- True or False: If your tooth hurts, we will mostly likely place a filling.
Filling Quiz Answer Key
- False. The sooner we detect a cavity, the sooner we can place a filling. The problem with waiting too long is that a cavity that becomes too big or severe may no longer be something we can treat with a cavity. Instead, we may need to place something more costly like a dental crown. Early tooth decay detection is important in protecting your oral health.
- True. In some cases, a cavity left untreated may provide entry for bacteria to invade and infect your tooth. Or, your cavity may become extremely severe, which can result in dental pulp damage. In either case, choosing a filling to treat your cavity can protect your tooth from infection and serious side effects.
- False. If your tooth discomfort is the result of tooth decay, we may place a filling. However, this is not always the case. We will thoroughly examine your smile to discover the source of your discomfort and to offer an appropriate solution.
ABOUT YOUR LOS ANGELES GENERAL DENTISTS:
At A Briter Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to the latest in modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, contact us at our Los Angeles office at (323) 747-1823. We proudly serve communities in Los Angeles, Eagle Rock, Highland Park, Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank, Hermon, and Washington Heights.