Are you suffering from bad breath and all that comes along with it? Perhaps you feel uneasy around friends or colleagues because you are attempting to cover up your not-very-fresh breath. Maybe one of your loved ones has mentioned the problem and you are not sure what to do about it. For instance, do you know if your dental cleanings affect your breath? Are you sure about whether food actually plays a factor? Test your knowledge, so you can feel equipped to handle the situation and breathe freely again.
Bad Breath Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: The only reason you have chronic bad breath is you are eating too many intense-smelling foods – you need to eat a bland diet.
- True or False: Neglecting to schedule your six-month dental cleaning may result in bad breath because you allow bacteria-filled plaque to accumulate.
- True or False: When you are between dental cleanings, brushing and flossing your teeth and brushing your tongue are all effective ways of combatting bad breath.
Quiz Answer Key
- False. It is true that certain foods, such as garlic, can cause bad breath. However, there are other contributing factors that result in chronic bad breath. When it comes to smelly foods, if you stop eating the food, the problem should clear up unless something else is wrong.
- True. Bacteria in your mouth cause a foul smelling odor. If bacteria are allowed to accumulate, you will find fighting your bad breath difficult. Visit us for a dental cleaning, so we can remove plaque that you cannot.
- True. Not only should you focus on removing plaque from your teeth and beneath your gumline but it is also important to scrape bacteria off of your tongue.
ABOUT YOUR LOS ANGELES, CA, DENTISTS:
At A Briter Smile Dental Group, our dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to high-quality, modern dentistry at an affordable price. If you would like to schedule a consultation, then call our Los Angeles, CA office today at (323) 255-8774. We proudly serve residents of Los Angeles, CA, as well as San Fernando, Pacoima, Granada Hills, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, and all surrounding communities.