Do you spend a lot of energy thinking about your teeth while you eat? If you’re like most patients, you spend the majority of your time enjoying your food and socializing if you’re eating with others. While we never suggest obsessing over your smile, we do encourage you to become familiar with how to make wise food choices, so your oral health remains safe during mealtime. Let’s see how much you know about this process with a fun quiz.
Your Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Sugar affects your oral health negatively because it leads to an acid environment in your mouth, which can damage your tooth tissue.
- True or False: Your teeth can break down many foods but those that are particularly hard, crunchy, or tough might be too much for your teeth.
- True or False: It’s very important to consume a diet rich in a variety of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals because your teeth need nutrition, too.
- True. Your oral health responds negatively to sugar because oral bacteria feed upon it. They then give off acids that irritate teeth and lead to erosion and decay. Avoid sugar or limit it to protect your smile.
- True. Sometimes, certain foods may simply prove too tough, rough, crunchy, or hard for your smile. Don’t try to prove anything to yourself – simply reach for a knife or other tool to break the food down for you (or seek out an alternative food to eat).
- True. Your teeth need nutrition, too! Eat a well-balanced diet, so your body and your smile receive essential nutrients for good health.
Your Los Angeles Dentists
At A New Smile Dental, our experienced dentists strive to offer each patient individual care and access to high-quality, modern dentistry at an affordable price. We are hear to help answer any questions you may have about your dental care.
Our state of art dental offices are proud to serve residents of: Eagle Rock, Pacoima, San Fernando, Granda Hills, Highland Park, Pasadena, Glendale, Sherman Oaks and all surrounding communities. Contact us today!